1. Check, How long supplier is there in market and dealing online.It is good to do business with a supplier which has been a gold supplier for more than 2-3 years.
2. Search seller’s company name and past history on google.com.
3. Ask for Company registration number and business licenses.
4. Make a phone call.Make a phone call by company’s telephone, not mobile phone. be more alert while doing business with suppliers which do not have a telephone.
5. Ask for reference tracking numbers for the products he shipped to his buyers.check their P/I as well
6. Ask for sample (paid sample is ok).
7. When it comes to payment, tell them that you want to get the stuff picked up by your local agent in China from their address and he will pay cash in hand, see if they agree for it. Scammers will never agree but real supplier will agree to this.
8. In China, TT, Western Union, Money Gram is the most common mode of payment but good suppliers do accept paypal as well.
Sourcing: Aryan (An Expert Member of Alibaba.com)